Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just another day at the ER!

So Thursday night I started having some really bad cramping, like period cramps (sorry dudes! just a little female chat! Feel free to keep reading if the "female problems" discussion doesn't bother you!). But here's the problem with that - I wasn't due for my period and I don't really get cramps anymore since my IUD about 4 months ago. This is when it hits me - THE IUD!! Maybe its moved or something. So I tough it out Thursday night, and I really wasn't tough at all, cried and the whole nine yards! Friday AM I get up and call my OB/GYN and tell them about the symptoms that I am having. She says my Dr. is off but the nurse will do an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok with the IUD.

I race over to the dr and get the ultrasound done - internal ultrasound - need I say more..... Anyway! Everything is fine "down there" and the nurse says we can schedule you for a formal scan next week just to check your ovaries etc, but if you continue to have pain over the weekend you may need to go to the ER. (btw - that is my least favorite phrase EVER!)

Like most people I HATE the ER! I hate seeing a Dr. who doesn't know me or anything about my conditions especially EB. So Saturday I take my 800 mg of Motrin and go about my day, same thing on Sunday. The Motrin isn't working that well so Sunday night I take some Tylenol on top of the Motrin. I was in so much pain Sunday even through all the meds that I started to throw up. At this point, it was basically too late to go to the ER b/c Shaun had to be at work at 3:30am.

I waited until he got home from work at 8:30 and called my regular Dr. who told me .... go to the ER! DAMMIT! So off to the ER I went. I got there at about 8:45 and was finally released at about 4:30 yesterday afternoon. After a blood test, a urine test and a CT scan I found out that I have a VERY nasty UTI AND a hernia! a HERNIA! WHAT!

So I am on pain meds and another antibiotic and have an appointment with my Gastroenterolgist (sp?) to talk about my hernia!

Just wanted to update everyone on whats new with me! I guess its nothing new that I'm sick - just a different kind of sick this time!

No comments: