Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh what a crappy day!

So, most of you know that my skin has been a terrible mess - worse than "normal" lately, well I had 3 dr. appointments today. The first was with my OB for my normal yucky appointment, as if that isn't bad enough for a day - try to do it covered in blisters - I feel bad for my dr - who audibly cringed when he saw my sores today. So straight from there I had to go to my dermatologist for a "follow-up" and while there I had an appointment to get my pictures done. And, by "pictures" I mean, I wasn't sitting in front of a pretty country backdrop having some headshots done. Oh no! I mean pictures of all of my sores, I thought the nurse that stood in was going to puke or cry.

The derm did a SCC check to make sure that we weren't missing anything did a biopsy of a spot on the back of my hand and as I type the numbing meds are wearing off and HOLY CRAP that hurts!

I was in so much pain on my way home for the dr. that I wasn't able to go to the pharmacy to get my scripts filled, not to mention I had bled through my shirt in 3 different places. On my painfilled drive home my husband called to tell me that I finally got my letter from Social Security regarding my disability claim and OH WHAT A SHOCK - it was denied! so let the waterworks begin - I just cried the rest of the drive.

Imagine missing 50% of your skin from your trunk, feeling like you have been set on fire, and bleeding from both of your armpits to be told by a government agency that your condition is "not severe enough" - ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME!!!!

anyway - my hand is throbbing and my legs feel as though they have been set on fire and I'm just too damn depressed to keep yipping!

Sorry to bitch my way through this blog - but I really needed to vent and my mouth is so broken out that talking hurts so I just couldn't call Tami.

Thanks for "listening".

No comments: