Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just another day at Mayo

So, I'll make this short b/c I don't feel the greatest.

Yesterday I had another dillitation and b/c of all the pain that I have been in the dr. went all the way down to my stomach. First of all, he looked at my CT scan and said that the "hernia" that the ER saw is not a hernia at all, but the large intestine that replaces my espohagus.

OK - So my question - what hurts??? hurts so bad that oxycodone isn't helping!

After my proceedure Mom and I went back to see the Dr. and he said that the pain is coming from a very large and very nasty ulcer. Back on meds twice a day for the ulcer. I took one dose yesterday and I can already feel a small improvement on the pain scale.

He is alos running some liver function blood tests, but said that he feels it is inlarged because of the prolonged use of prednisone and the subsiquent (sp??) weight gain. Especially because I gained so much so fast.

I am off the prednisone and don't plan on getting on any more any time soon - but I am getting on a big fat DIET as soon as I feel better.

No comments: