Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oh how I HATE the dentist!!

Ok, so I took a Zanex before going to the dentist and I guess that helped a little bit. The problem is that the dentist has a really hard time getting my mouth numb because of all the scar tissue inside my mouth. Basically, novicane is injected in the "area" that needs to be numb and is supposed to spread out to the surrounding areas, well because of the scar tissue it just gets stuck in a pocket and it really hurts. They only clean 1/2 of my teeth at a time because it takes so long. So, right now I look like a stroke victim. 1/2 my face is totally numb and drooping - of course Shaun made fun of me! What are husbands for!!

After this experience I found out that the other office that my Dentist has does full sedation - WHAT!! Why didn't someone tell me that before - I am so much more pleasant when I am knocked out! Had I known this I would have gone there, gotten the drugs and had them do my whole mouth!! Well, I am having the other side done that way - I just cannot take the novicane again - it hurt so bad!!

Ok, enough whining and complaining, the numbness is wearing off - slowly!

I have a great snowflake cake to make for this weekend for a friends daughter who is having an ice skating party - I'm pretty excited especially after getting my new cake decorating dvd's!! So that is what I will be doing all day tomorrow!

What's on your agenda??

(by the way, after I type these I am generally too darn tired to go back and proof read - so please accept my appologies for misspelling and typos and grammatical errors - just goes to show I am far from perfect - haha!!)

2 comments:

Jennifer Beaty (Thompson) said...

I am so sorry... Maybe you don't feel strong right now, but I think you are!!

I also come over from Jonah's site. I can only imagine that it's a huge help to his parents to hear from other EB people like yourself as they chart this new territory. On Monday I was thinking, "I wonder if it wouldn't be better to be blind or deaf than have EB?" because it just sounds so awful. And that very night I got a little blind girl (and already have one nearly deaf), yikes!

Thanks for sharing so openly on your blog...and hope you heal up soon from the new outbreak!

Bianca said...

You should have asked! Or your dentist should have told you. When I had oral surgery, my Las Vegas sedation dentist informed me of my options for anesthesia, so I was able to choose. Of course, I chose to be sedated because I usually panic when my mouth is open for too long. That was my last adventure in Las Vegas. Sedation dentistry sure did the trick of getting my mouth open without a fight from me.