Friday, May 30, 2008

Let me introduce myself

Hi! I'm Janel Waters, a 33 year old mother of 1.

I am a firm believer that you never know what is going on with someone else, so don't judge them! It will suprise many that know me to know that I have a hereditary skin disease called Epidermolysis Bullosa. This devistating disease causes me to have very large and painful blisters which turn into large painful open wounds.

I have downplayed this disease and its effect on my life for many years now. I have had friends for years who knew nothing about it. 95% of the people that I used to work with and my customers had no idea that I have lived with this disease every day since I was born.

Well - though this blog I am "coming out". I will give you a no holds barred look at my life since birth - the good, the bad and mostly the ugly. At some point in the future I may even post some pictures of the sores that I have just so that you can get an idea of what I am talking about.

Before I get started with my story, I invite you to do a little research on this disease, feel free to go to www.debra.org. I have recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB).

I will begin my story at a later date.

for tonight - goodnight and God Bless
Janel

No comments: