Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Praying for Jonah

It has not been the best week for Epidermolysis Bullosa. Yesterday morning a precious 7 month old baby boy named Jameson died. Please pray for his family in Orlando.

Then a couple days ago a beautiful baby boy named Jonah was born with EB. Jonah is a trooper and seems to be healing, however, he is having problems feeding and they are not sure why. They are waiting for the ENT to come and look him over and see what they can do to get this sweet boy to EAT! The Williams family has been through a very trying time over the last couple years, please keep this family in your prayers and pray that Jonah will eat and pull through.





As for me...I am still working with my insurance company. As some of you know, the insurance company requested an independent medical review - I saw a dermatologist of their choosing in February, we are on the final 45 day countdown to a decision. So, I am now asking for your prayers as well - Please pray that the insurance company will make a speedy and favorable decision on my case.

In the meantime, we had a WONDERFUL family vacation to Orlando for "Have a Heart for EB" - My mom and dad and my brother, sil and nephew, Shaun, MacKenzie and I all got to go together. Unfortunately, Shaun started off the weekend with a pretty nasty head cold/flu and then while at Magic Kingdom, poor baby MacK started running a fever of 101. I have never seen her that sick. She was so lethargic and pitiful. It just broke my heart!! We kept her pretty doped up on Motrin for the rest of the trip and she was OK at Epcot on Sunday and was back to normal on Monday.

We are completely finished potty training - thank goodness!! She still wears a pull up at night and sometimes during her nap, but she is so proud of herself. She is also in a BIG big girl bed. Another of her favorite things right now.

She has moved on from Dora and landed smack in the middle of Max and Ruby and Hello Kitty (meow, meow).

Well, I am off to make a monkey cake for Bailie's (Jen's Daughter) 1st birthday!! CUTE CUTE CUTE!!

No comments: